Friday, October 21, 2011

Best from my first paper

My Best Paragraph from first ID

Lucky for me, here in the swamp, we are all accepted, although in my lifetime I have seen many strides toward equality. About twenty years ago, in 1784, a man by the name of Patrick Henry tried to pass a law that offered a bounty to those who whites who decided to marry Indians. I have heard that the current president of America, Thomas Jefferson, spoke of a world where all races intermarry and intermingle to create one race 2. Sadly, I believe that this is unachievable. Many Creeks dislike the white man, and would rather die then intermingle. I guess it is pride in ones heritage that causes them to be so stubborn. Sure, I have pride in my heritage as well, but I believe the pure bloods take it to a new level.

No comments: