Friday, December 9, 2011

Post Originally due for the week November 21 thru 23rd

One primary source I'm using comes from the Florida Memory Project it's titled: “Florida Cigars: Artistry, Labor, and Politics in Florida’s Oldest Industry.” This talks about the cigar industry that developed in the Ybor City neighborhood in Tampa. This actually relates with a field trip I took for the Florida Immigration class I took last semester with Professor Barreneche. That was quite an interesting field trip and it was interesting to see how intact that part of the city is today. I always find pictures on these historical documents in cases to speak louder than words. The pictures give the person a real feel of what life was like. I think this primary source will certainly help with my narrative

No comments: