Thursday, May 3, 2012


Tyler Tarun

My consumption poster is designed to showcase shopping in Winter Park as a social activity and specifically highlights shopping on Park Avenue.  To help provide contrast, I used a light backgroundon the poster.  Most of these pictures I took myself on a walk around the Park Avenue area. Winter Park.   I specifically used the Starbucks image because coffee has become a cultural and social events.  I am trying to show shopping both as an event where people acquire all they desire and get to socialize with their friends and family.The text is designed to sell the Winter Park shopping experience to tourists and other visitors.

My ideal home poster focuses on the ideal home as space with a variety of uses for different occupants. I use a floor plan as a background because all homes ideal and real begin with these conceptual floor plans.  I used the image of a luxurious living room to showcase what model homes often look like inside, however, very few people can afford homes with such a luxurious interior.   The text in my poster is designed to call to mind phrases that people might use to talk about residential luxury.  Our society considers luxuries such as sports cars and marble bathrooms to be “the finer things in life.” The picture of Windsong is relevant because that is an example of a fairly new planned neighborhood in Winter Park.   The picture of a house on a lake shows a luxurious accommodation of Winter Park.  As we talked about earlier in the semester, lakes add characterand value to private residences. 







My race and the home poster highlights the important and historic role race has played in the City of Winter Park.  I showcase photos of the past and present of Hannibal Square.  The Mount Mariah photo, which I took, showcases both the past and present at the same time.  The historical photos included on the right hand side of the poster showcase the past.  The left side of the poster showcases more of the present in Hannibal Square.  It shows a photo of a street and a photo of Dwight Howard’s barbershop.  I thought the background in this poster was appropriate given the color is associated with the handouts at the Hannibal Square historical center.




My gender in the home poster is designed to showcase gender stereotypes of this past century.  It uses photos of advertisements of the twentieth century to provoke thoughts of gender in the home.  All of these ads are targeted towards women.  Most of the advertisements were appliance advertisements.  The cigarette advertisement is important because it showcases how one industry used to market towards gender in a very specific way.  I used a blue background to provide contrast with the photos.  

No comments: