Friday, August 31, 2007

A Question to Ask


The question of "What am I doing on this blog?" has been asked. I wanted to address that question. In the past, I have used reaction papers to encourage reflection on the material. Since this class is undertaking this community engagement exercise, I wanted to encourage a discussion of that process among the class members. I believe this semester will create a lasting benefit for the community and I hope students will become excited about the prospect of helping the local historical society.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to find out what Winter Park was like in the past and how it has changed over the years. I like finding out about history within your community because it makes you proud of where you are from. Rollins College has been a big part of Winter Park, so what we find out about the city will also apply to our college. Everyone knows the greater history of the United States, but few know the history of their own city or neighborhood. The history we discover about Winter Park will tell a more personal story of important historical times and events as they were reflected in what went on here. I think our class will learn a lot of new things, as will the residents of Winter Park.