Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Most of us believe history to be a purely academic and irrelevant science; nonetheless, history is an important part of our daily life, our whole life is actually part of history. We're so used to study history from a universalistic perspective that we sometimes forget that so much has happened at the local level. By doing this project we're going to go beyond the American History book and study the history that surrounds us. I think this will ultimately help us to understand better how and why this country has developed in the way it did since a closer look into local history will ultimately provide a better picture of the common American.

1 comment:

Anthony Saurini said...

So I still have not received that e-mail, thus I am still not a contributor on this blog... Oh well I can post comments, so until Professor Chambliss makes me a contributor this is how I will have to post on the blog.