Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Post 1 for RPG Art Class

My first response to this chapter in The Architecture of Winter Park, Florida was there were a lot of things mentioned in the book that I could relate to. The parts I could relate to were not just related to Rollins College but also some people and places they mentioned in Chicago. For example I have a friend that is a relative of Daniel Burnham and I have seen houses designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in my hometown. The book also mentioned my high school New Trier High School, but it was incorrect to say that New Trier High School is in Kenilworth, IL when it is actually in Winnetka. I also thought the Building the Dream book had some interesting points about housing in Puritan life that could still apply. Religion had a large emphasis back then which still holds true for many families today. It’s interesting how simple their life was yet how much significance the home held to them.

No comments: