Friday, December 7, 2007

Final Thoughts

In all honesty, I really did not want to take this class.

Great way to start a blog. I have never been interested in history. I never retained any information from any of the history classes I took in high school. It was all memorization, regurgitation, and then forgetting. Not to suck up, but this is the first history class I was legitimately interested in and walked away from actually remembering things.

I put random stars in my notes by things I wanted to know more about. I never realized how much history could help me understand things within my major (English). Taking an American History class right before my American Literature class definitely worked in my favor. I can actually name the first 16 presidents now. I know when the Civil War started and ended (I definitely did not know that before). I found everything leading up to the Civil War to be fascinating (secession of states, Missouri Compromise, Bleeding Kansas, etc.). I finally appreciate history and why it is important to understanding where we are today in our government.

No comments: