Monday, December 10, 2007

Rollins Baseball History

For my first episode I was able to explore the Rollins Baseball team history. Though it seemed a safe choice for an episode it was truly a meaningful experience. Flipping through the early pictures and documents I came to realize that being apart of Rollins Baseball was a privilege that linked me to this history. Every athlete should learn the history of their programs, especially in college. It makes you appreciate the time you spend on the Field and the players before you. My episode focused on the first Rollins Baseball game against Stetson in 1895. I never realized the struggle to simply travel to games. In these days teams had to travel by train and were often forced to end games early due to the trains departure. This was the case with Rollins who took a late lead in the eight inning and then was forced to leave back to Rollins on the train. This late game departure lead to a rivalry with Stetson who felt like they were cheated from a fair game. Rollins Baseball history was important for me to research and instilled a new found appreciation.

No comments: