Monday, December 10, 2007

Library Reserch

Going down to the library archives was at first daunting but soon became enjoyable. I loved going down to the achieves, putting on the white gloves and soon investigating history from a first hand account. To often in school facts are just pushed in front of students without any primary research or accounts. I liked interrupting the primary documents and contextualizing them into a format that I felt relevant. I think I speak for the class when I say how helpful the staff of the archivists were in the pursuit of episodes and for pure helpfulness. I feel a new found comfort with this area of the library and would use it again for another classes primary research. I would like to know what other documents I could find and would also like to investigate more Rollins history. I learned so many things about my school and state by simply keeping an open mind and reading primary documents.

No comments: