Friday, December 7, 2007

Second time around

After writing about a boring episode, I decided to go back to the archives and find something interesting. Like a fight, or the diary of two lovers having to hide their love, or the diary of a women overcoming oppression. Nothing. So instead I settled and wrote about a letter written by a former Rollins College student. I took a different approach to the assignment. Instead of writing the episode the way I would for an Art History class (describing what I saw and then writing theories on why the picture is the way it is), I wrote it the way I would for my Darkness Visible Class. I also wrote it like I would for my Writing about movies class. I took the theme of the letter and connected it to some major outside theme. So I talked about the letter and then referenced it to children's school environments now a days. I thought it was better than the first. The episode didn't go over that well. So it was back to work.

No comments: