Friday, December 7, 2007

Isn't life grand when you understand it

So I finally figured out how I was suppose to approach my episodes. At least I thought I did. I had already read the history engine episodes for my former episodes and they were no help. I went to the writing center and forgot my assignment. I didn't exactly know what I was suppose to be doing, so I couldn't explain it well to the writing consultant. Finally with the help of a friend and re-reading over the comments left on my episodes by professor Chambers, I reached some clarity. I spent three and a half hours rewriting a two hundred word episode. I did actual research and made my episode drier, and less whimsical. I stuck to the cold hard facts. I though to myself, "I am not going to do badly this time". I cut out every style I thought would help me and adapted to a completely different one. A style that I had never used before. Then finally after all the research and rewriting, I was done. I was ready, I tucked the episode away in my folder and hoped that it was what it was suppose to look like. I gave my episode to Professor Chambers, so he could read it. I waited impatiently while he decided whether or not I waisted all my time. I thought to myself "If it was a bad episode this time I don't know what I'd do". Then finally he said "it's good". I didn't want good anymore, I wanted great. So I worked even harder when I revised my other two episodes. I finally knew what I was doing. Finally it all made sense.

No comments: