Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mary E. Brown

One of my webpages that I did was on the diary of Mary Brown, one of the early settlers of Winter Park. This was pretty interesting, because it was the first assignment that required me to go to the winter park library, which was pretty cool to see. I had never been there and didn't realize how close it was to school! Learning about Mary Brown was also interesting because she was never married and lived with her best friend/companion. They contributed to Winter Park and Mary's diary gives insight to her life and what life was like in the time period. I think it's great to learn about history, but it's always interesting to read about something from one person's point of view and get information from a person's diary since it is their most intimate thoughts.

No comments: