Friday, October 12, 2007

Hamilton

Hamilton's Bank of the United States was set in place to make the rich richer. I never understood that. Why make the rich, richer? They are already rich, why do they need more money? I mean I know there were other reasons for the bank, to gain legitimacy. I know that it was the beginning of having banks. But still. Hey, is that the reason we have banks now? Now I am paranoid. Hamilton was a very smart individual and so was Thomas Jefferson. Even though Thomas Jefferson was strongly against Alexander Hamilton views and actions, Hamilton more often then not, seemed to get his way. Thomas Jefferson the man who wrote our constitution could never get his ideas to prevail over Hamilton. I don't know if Hamilton was just that manipulative, George Washington had high favoritism for Hamilton, or if Thomas Jefferson wasn't forceful enough. However something just doesn't add up. I wonder how different our society would be if Thomas Jefferson was listened to more than Hamilton. Would are society change for better or worse? Would are society have changed at all, or would we be the same no matter what? Would we have a better friendship with the French? I wonder.

No comments: