Sunday, October 7, 2007

Similarities and Differences Relating to The Dinky Line and the Modern Day Winter Park Train

After doing research on "The Dinky Line," or in other words the railroad track that ran from Orlando to Winter Park, it was interesting to learn that President Thaddeus Seymour said that it would only cost 10 cents for a student of Rollins College to ride from Orlando to Oviedo. It is amazing to compare the cost of a train ride now to a train ride back then. Many other qualities changed relating to the Dinky Line over time, but it is actually interesting to see the similarities. For instance, now as I am a student that attends Rollins College, whenever I am near the train that is near the park in Winter Park and the train goes by, I complain about how noisy it is. Similarly, while I was reading information about "The Dinky Line," I read over some information that said that it was noisy, it did not arrive on time, and that it generated a lot of smoke.

No comments: