Monday, October 8, 2007

Surprising Experience

I am working on the DePugh Nursing Center project and this past weekend I drove over to the Nursing Center to take some pictures of what the site looks like today. There was a woman walking with her friend past the facility and she was looking at me funny, so I explained why I was taking pictures. She and her friend both got all excited and began to ask if I knew about Mary Lee DePugh. I was really surprised that these two women (who I assume are just residents of Winter Park) knew the history. They seemed very knowledgeable about Mary Lee DePugh and all the things she did for the community. I told them what website it was for, and they were very excited that the "younger people" were taking interest in the history of Winter Park. These women made me feel a little ignorant that I barely knew any Winter Park history before starting this project. Just a funny experience I had with the project!

No comments: