Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stressful!

This project has turned out to be so much more work than I expected!

I feel really bad saying this, but I did not think this project was going to be that difficult. I was so wrong. The research, the writing, the pictures, and making it a website was a lot of work and a lot of struggle. But what made it even harder was that I really cared about what I was doing. I always care about my schoolwork, but because I knew this was for the community of Winter Park and a lot of people would be seeing it, I put that much more effort into what I was doing. After visiting the DePugh Nursing Center, I became even more invested in the project because everyone there was so excited about it! I went a few days ago to take pictures (and ran into the two ladies outside who were talking me) and then I went again today to take some pictures of the interior. I ended up just talking to some of the people who work there and they were all so chipper! When I told them what I was doing they were so excited and it made me want to make the website look that much better for them.

I am happy with our final project. I think it looks really good and captures the history of this place that is still assisting members of Winter Park. Now that it is actually completed, I am excited to see it up on the Historical Winter Park website.

No comments: